UK Student Visa
UK has become one of the top destinations to study around the world. With traditions of excellence dating back hundreds of years, high class institutions in every corner and much more flexibility than many other countries, the United Kingdom has much to offer international students that other English-speaking countries cannot offer.
International students have always been an important presence in the UK, and their numbers have been growing steadily over the years. In fact, the UK is now the second most popular destination for international students, behind the US. The UK has worked hard to capitalize on the growing demand for English-language instruction and the post-9/11 visa hurdles in the US.
The cost of education for an international student in the UK can be is generally lower compared to the USA and other countries. Programs in the USA can be $25,000 or more a year in tuition alone. Tuition for the majority of UK higher education institutions generally £6,000 to £7,000 a year – considerably less!
Education System in UK
- In the education systems of UK, Secondary education includes GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education) – “O” level and GCE – “A” level. “O” level is equivalent to SSC (Secondary School Certificate) and “A” levels (2 years) is equivalent to HSC (Higher Secondary). Bachelor’s degree is for 3 years/ 4 years Sandwich program. Master’s degree is for 1 year and PH.D for 3 years.
Benefits of Studying in UK / England
- World Class Education
- Wide Range of courses
- Low and Affordable Course Fee
- Research Facilities
- Short Duration of courses
- Multiple Intakes
- Multicultural Atmosphere
- Reasonable Cost of Living
- Part Time Job Opportunity
- Modern Learning Environment
Intakes in UK – The major intake offered by all UK Universities is in September each year but the universities also offer few intakes in Jan / Feb